Commonly referred to as FWA, Fixed Wireless Access has emerged as one of the most predominant use cases for early 5G network rollouts. Multiple mobile operators and service providers are initially seeking to capitalize on 5G as a fixed wireless alternative to deliver last-mile connectivity – at multi-hundred Megabit and Gigabit speeds – in areas with insufficient fiber holdings.
The very first standardized deployments of 5G-based FWA are expected to be commercialized as early as 2019. Largely driven by early commercial rollouts by Verizon Communications and AT&T in the United States, 5G-based FWA subscriptions are expected to account for $1 Billion in service revenue by the end of 2019 alone. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 84% between 2019 and 2025, eventually accounting for more than $40 Billion.
The “5G for FWA (Fixed Wireless Access): 2017 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the emerging 5G-based FWA ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, revenue potential, application scenarios, service provider deployment commitments, case studies, spectrum availability/allocation, vendor profiles and strategies. The report also presents forecasts for 5G-based FWA investments and operator services.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- 5G architecture, requirements and applications
- Market drivers and barriers to the adoption of 5G
- Key enabling technologies and complementary concepts
- Business case and application scenarios for 5G-based FWA
- Analysis of spectrum availability and allocation for 5G-based FWA
- Case studies of 13 FWA deployments based on 5G and other wireless technologies
- Company profiles and strategies of 80 FWA vendors
- Strategic recommendations for vendors and service providers
- Market analysis and forecasts till 2030
The report has the following key findings:
- 5G-based FWA subscriptions are expected to account for $1 Billion in service revenue by the end of 2019 alone. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 84% between 2019 and 2025, eventually accounting for more than $40 Billion.
- SNS Research estimates that 5G-based FWA can reduce the initial cost of establishing last-mile connectivity by as much as 40% – in comparison to FTTP (Fiber-to-the-Premises). In addition, 5G can significantly accelerate rollout times by eliminating the need to lay cables as required for FTTP rollouts.
- The 28 GHz frequency band is widely preferred for early 5G-based FWA deployments, as many vendors have already developed 28 GHz-capable equipment – driven by demands for early field trials in multiple markets including the United States and South Korea.
- Millimeter wave wireless connectivity specialists are well-positioned to capitalize on the growing demand for 5G-based FWA. However, in order to compete effectively against existing mobile infrastructure giants, they will need to closely align their multi-gigabit capacity FWA solutions with 3GPP specifications.
- While many industry analysts believe that 5G-based FWA is only suitable for densely populated urban areas, a number of rural carriers – including C Spire and U.S. Cellular – are beginning to view 5G as a means to deliver last-mile broadband connectivity to underserved rural communities.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/1309730
List of Companies Mentioned
- 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project)
- Advantech Wireless
- Airspan Networks
- Aviat Networks
- BLiNQ Networks
- Blu Wireless Technology
- BridgeWave Communications
- C Spire
- CableFree (Wireless Excellence)
- Cambium Networks
- Carlson Wireless Technologies
- CBNL (Cambridge Broadband Networks Ltd.)
- CCI (Communication Components, Inc.)
- CCS (Cambridge Communication Systems)
- Ceragon Networks
- China Mobile
- Cielo Networks
- Cohere Technologies
- Collinear Networks
- E-Band Communications
- Exalt Wireless
- FastBack Networks
- FiberTower Corporation
- Go Long Wireless
- Google Fiber
- Hammer Fiber
- IBM Corporation
- IDT (Integrated Device Technology)
- Imec International
- InfiNet Wireless
- Intel Corporation
- Intracom Telecom
- ITU (International Telecommunication Union)
- JRC (Japan Radio Company)
- KT Corporation
- Lattice Semiconductor
- LG Electronics
- LightPointe Communications
- Loea Corporation
- Maja Systems
- Microwave Networks
- Mimosa Networks
- Moseley Associates
- MTI (Microelectronics Technology, Inc.)
- NBN Co
- NEC Corporation
- NetComm Wireless
- NexxCom Wireless
- Now Corporation
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
Company Name: MarketResearchReports.Biz
Contact Person: Rohit Bhisey
Email: Send Email
Address:State Tower 90 State Street, Suite 700
State: NY 12207
Country: United States