The global 3D Scanning Market is expected to reach USD 4.90 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Surging demand across several application areas along with technological advancements are expected to be key factors driving 3D scanning market growth over the forecast period. The technology is poised for growth owing to its ability to provide high resolution and rapid 3D digitization over conventional scanning techniques.
Full research report on 3D Scanning Market Analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/3d-scanning-industry
Increasing usage across applications such as historic edifice preservation is also expected fuel market growth over the next few years. Aging infrastructure with historical significance needs to be preserved and documented, which is also expected to drive market growth. Suppliers of hardware as well as software solutions emphasize on continuous improvements in workflow and ease-of-use, thereby driving sales and resulting in a technology being more accessible to professional users. However, high-priced scanners may hamper the 3D scanning market.
Request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/3d-scanning-industry/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2013, laser scanners emerged as the dominant product segment accounting for over 60% of the 3D scanning market. The structured light product segment is expected to rapidly gain market share over the forecast period owing to its ability to make rapid prototypes with high degree of accuracy across numerous applications.
- Short range scanners accounted for majority of the overall 3D scanning market in 2013. These scanners deploy techniques such as laser triangulation and structured light and have a focal distance of less than a meter, which is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
- The industrial manufacturing segment dominated the market in 2013, accounting for over 30% of the overall revenue. This is because 3D scanning offers several advantages when compared to conventional data collection techniques. 3D scanners provide improved worker safety, improved accuracy and compatibility making it suitable in several applications for comprehensive data capture.
- In 2013, Europe emerged as the largest market; growth across the industrial sector is expected to favorably impact regional market growth over the next six years.
- Key market players include Topcon, Maptek, FARO Technologies, Basis Software Inc (Surphaser), Ametek (Creaform) and 3D Digital Corp. Developing cost-effective as well as technologically advanced scanners is expected to be key growth strategy.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/emerging-and-next-generation-technologies
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global 3D scanning market on the basis of product, range, application and region:
3D Scanning Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Laser Scanner
• Structured Light Scanner
• Optical Scanner
3D Scanning Range Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Short Range
• Medium Range
• Long Range
3D Scanning Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Industrial Manufacturing
• Aerospace & Defense
• Architecture & Engineering
• Entertainment & Media
3D Scanning Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-3d-scanning-industry
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States