Global 3D scanning market is expected to be valued at USD 4,900.7 million by 2020, as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increasing need for speedy and precise results with high efficiency is anticipated to drive the industry.
3D scanning market is expected to witness significant growth owing to increasing eminence in numerous industry segments namely mechanical dimensional inspection, quality archaeology, aerospace and defense It assist with high resolution and 3D digitization over traditional methods. Use of this technology in transport application for investigating the accident scenarios by simulating and digitizing the actual event is expected to impact the industry.
Usage of this scanner in architecture, engineering and construction facilitate in new project development. Operations and maintenance of existing properties is accomplished with the help of this technology. Structured light scanner was valued at USD 279.9 million. It is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment. It is projected to reach USD 742.5 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 14.5% from 2014 to 2020.
3D scanning, acts as a crucial instrument for performing structural and cultural assessments along with supervision on construction activities. The industry is fuelled with flourishing innovation and R&D expenditure.
Complex installation process and expensive technology is expected to hamper the demand growth. However, emergence of portable scanners is projected to pose potential opportunities to industry participants.
Laser scanner was the foremost product segment and was valued at USD 1,247.4 in 2013. It is estimated to reach USD 2,997.5 million, growing at a CAGR of 12.9% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “3D Scanning Market Size, Forecast, Analysis Report, 2020” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at:
Key report insights suggest:
• Europe dominated the global demand with an industry share of 32.65% % in 2013 with North America valued at 28.33% for the same year. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.6% from 2014 to 2020, owing to advancement in healthcare and entertainment sectors.
• Entertainment and media applications were valued at USD 175.4 million in 2013 and are projected to reach USD 486.1 by 2020 growing at a CAGR of 15.2% from 2014 to 2020, due to growing usage of building 3D models for movies, video games and relaxation purposes. Architecture and engineering was valued at USD 221.8 million in 2013. It is likely to reach USD 587.6 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 14.5% from 2014 to 2020. The growth can be attributed to application of scanners in archaeology.
• Short-range 3D scanner was foremost segment and was valued at USD 861.8 million in 2013 and is projected to reach USD 2,218.5 million, growing at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2014 to 2020. Mid-range scanner was valued at USD 665.9 million in 2013. It is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% from 2014 to 2020 owing to accurate and fast data acquisition.
• Moderately consolidated global 3D scanning industry consists of key companies such as Basis Software Inc, Ametek, FARO Technologies, and Steinbichler among others.
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Global 3D Scanning Product Overview (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020):
• Laser Scanner
• Structured Light Scanner
• Optical Scanner
Global 3D Scanning Application Overview (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020):
• Industrial Manufacturing
• Aerospace & Defense
• Architecture & Engineering
• Entertainment & Media
Global 3D Scanning Regional Overview (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020):
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
Global Gas and Oil Drill Bits Market:
Global Healthcare IT Spending Market:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States