According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “3D Printing in Healthcare Market: By Technology (LBM, EBM, StereoLithogaphy, Others); By Material (Donor Cells, Plastics, Metals, Ceramics, Others); By Application (Implants, Tissue Engineering, Others); By Geography – (2018-2023)”, the market is driven by the rising demand and possible subsidies from governments as part of research grants.
Americas held the largest market share in the 3D Healthcare Market
The American region holds the largest market share in 3D printing Healthcare Market and is anticipated to reach $1.12 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 15.9%. This is mainly due to increased adoption of 3D printing technologies and increased investments. However, Asia Pacific projects major growth and is anticipated to reach $423.06 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 23.5%. The key applications includes implants, Prosthetics, surgical guides, dental implants, medical components, hearings aids, tissue engineering, drug screening.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- The typical steps contributing to the total value of 3D Printing Market, as far as Healthcare is concerned, are categorized into the following: Inbound Logistics, Manufacturing, Outbound Logistics and Marketing & Sales. Inbound Logistics involves sourcing of raw materials, that is, plastics, metals, biological cells, ceramics and others from local suppliers. However, the most important step of the value chain is that the 3D designing and manufacturing steps takes place after the materials have been sourced. Manufacturing involves the transition of crude raw materials received into various forms such as filaments, powders, liquids and others which are compatible with 3D printers. This step contributes a major chunk to the value of the product.
- Plastics, which are usually cheap and can be procured in bulk, require a great deal of processing to make 3D printing compatible. They have to be made into filaments of either 1.75mm or 3mm where the tolerance level is really low. This adds to the cost of manufacturing. Titanium, which generally cost about $178 per kilo in normal cases, has to go through a smelting process before it can be used for additive manufacturing. The final product costs about $200-$300 per kilo. Therefore, the value of the product increases tenfold. All 3D printers have specific requirements for the type, strength and dimensions of their compatible materials, the manufacturing of which is a very important value-adding process in the value chain. The major manufacturers include Stratasys Ltd., 3D Systems, ARCAM AB and so on. Therefore, the marketing of these products also adds value to the product.
- The main steps involved in the value chain of 3D printers in the industry are categorized as following: procurement of raw materials, printer manufacturing, supplier and distributor and end user. The first step involves procurement and processing of raw materials like rigid plastics, glass, steel and other metals, etc. Manufacturing of printers is the next step and is the major one in the process. Manufacturers procure these materials from various suppliers. The major suppliers in the industry are Asiga, FormFutura, Bucktown Polymers and many more. Manufacturing involves the conversion of crude raw materials into various compatible elements to manufacture 3D printers. This step contributes a major chunk to the value of the product. All the parts required to assemble in the 3D printers are manufactured by a single company and are not outsourced. The major manufacturers of 3D printers are Stratsys, 3D systems, MakerBot and so on.
- The next important step is the distributor network. According to experts, there are many distributors in this industry who help provide immediate access to goods which helps to build a sustainable network with the end user. The industry has a well-defined distributor network which helps to increase the reach of end users. Some of the major distributors in the industry are 3Dee.at 3D-Drucker shop, CREAT3D, and Flashforge.
- The manufacturer reaches the end user through strong distributor network. The end users for this industry are hospitals, educational institutions, research laboratories, wherein they use these printers for different applications like implants, prosthetics, surgical guides and so on.
To browse the table of contents of the report follow the link below:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- 3D printing in Healthcare Market is mainly driven by the developments of 3D technology in the healthcare sector and increasing investments in R&D from new entrants and innovation besides other factors such as growing population and health disorders across the regions.
- 3D printing biomaterials is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 19.10%.
- Biomaterials are considered as a revolutionary thing in the medical area and investments are pouring in for research purposes in this sector. Hence, 3D printing biomaterials market is expected to grow rapidly in the future.
- The boundless advantages which 3D printing industry holds is expected to transform some of the world’s most intricate surgeries into a smooth ride.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of 3D printing in Healthcare Market:
- The key players related to 3D printing in healthcare in this region include 3D Systems, Inc; Stratasys Ltd; Nano3D Biosciences, Inc; Corbel 3D and many more.
- In order to meet the demand, Stratasys launched new Eden line of 3D printers for dentistry and 3DS launched Project 3510 DPPro all-in-one medical 3D printer.
- Partnerships also come into existence for the exchange of core competencies, which provides mutual benefit. Materialise and Tissue Regeneration Systems have entered partnership for the development of 3D-printed tracheal splints. EOS and MTU entered into a Strategic Partnership for Quality Control in Metal-based Additive Manufacturing.
3D Printing in Healthcare Market is segmented as indicated below.
- 3D Printing in Healthcare Market By Technology:
- Laser Beam Melting (LBM)
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM)
- Stereo Lithography
- Photo Polymerization
- Droplet Deposition
- Laminated Object Manufacturing
- Wax Deposition Modeling
- Bio Printing
- 3D Printing in Healthcare Market By Application
- Surgical Guides
- Dental Implants
- Medical Components
- Hearing Aids
- Tissue Engineering
- Drug Screening
- 3D Printing in Healthcare Market By Geography (9+ Countries)
- 3D Printing in Healthcare Market By Entropy
- Javelin Technologies Inc;
- 3D Biotek LLC
- Organovo Holdings Inc
- Stryker Corporation
- Oxford Performance Materials
- Voxelijet AG
- Medical Modeling Inc;
- 3T RPD Ltd
- Beltone A/S
- Envisiontec GMBH
- Tethon 3D
- Xilloc Medical
- Alphaform AG
- Gyrobot Limited
- EOS GMBH
- Exone GMBH
- Hoganas AB
- Companies 20+
Dental Implants and Prosthetics Market
Medical Ceramics Market
What can you expect from the report?
The 3D printing in healthcare Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in 3D Printing in Healthcare Market?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Laser Beam Melting Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Electron Beam Melting Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- StereoLithography Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Photo Polymerization Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Droplet Deposition Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018 – 2023)
- Laminated Object Manufacturing Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Wax Deposition Modeling Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Bio Printing Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Donor Cells Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Plastics/Polymers Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Photopolymers Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Metals Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Ceramics Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Bone Cement Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Implants Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Prosthetics Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Surgical Guides Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Dental Implants Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Medical Components Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Hearing Aids Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Tissue Engineering Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
- Drug Engineering Market for 3D Printing in Healthcare (2018-2023)
Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.